I thought I had better update before Baby Riesberg makes his/her appearance. We went to Omaha on Tuesday to see Dr. Levine and have an amnio done. I was really really nervous for this test to be done because I knew if it came back ok Baby Riesberg would be here the very next day. EEK!!! And after the Ice Storm that was thrown upon us the previous 5 days, I was just NOT ready for a baby. I was super stressed out about work and trying to be prepared for baby. And the only thoughts that came to my head was PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let Baby Riesberg cook a little longer.
So the amnio went rather smoothly and then they did a Non-Stress Test. Baby Riesberg was very active and Dr. Levine was very pleased. He then said the words, well "YOU MAY BE A MOMMY TOMORROW" and I just started crying. Thank God Kelly was there he came over and told me everything was going to be ok. I think Dr. Levine was like WOW wasn't expecting that. After the Dr. left, the nurse came in and said that they would call me with the results within 2 hours. So Kelly and I left and went to a store, where we bought a crib mattress, the stroller, a moby wrap, some stroller accessories and a few other last minute baby items. I think I was in the store maybe about 30 minutes and the Dr. office was calling. GUESS WHAT THEY SAID.
Baby Riesberg's lungs were not mature and that it would take approximately 6 days until they were mature enough to deliver this baby. Baby Riesbergs score was a 49 and it had to be 55 or above to be considered mature. They said that baby's lungs usually mature one point each day, therefore telling 6 days till D-Day. YAY....my prayers came true!!!! After I got off the phone with them I called Dr. Lo back here in Carroll and they said to come in the next morning and we would discuss the next route. However, they mentioned that my c-section will be scheduled for February 3rd @ 11 am. Kelly was a little bummed but I think he was relieved at the same time. He was by no means ready either.
So after the news and doing a little shopping we went to Target and did some shopping there too. We spent way too much money but picked up some great stuff especially clearance items. After our shopping extravaganza, Kelly took me to my favorite restaurant, the Olive Garden. And then we were off to Westside to sleep in our very own bed for the first time in 6 days.
So hopefully the next post will be ALL ABOUT BABY RIESBERG.
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so glad Baby Riesberg got to cook a little longer! Your day shopping sounds like you guys had some fun. I can't wait to see pics!!!
ReplyDelete