After 2.5 hours of chest x-rays, a finger poke, a swab up the nose and a big ol' shot of antibiotics the Dr had diagnosed her with the start of pneumonia. When Dr had first said that he wanted a chest x-ray I knew then we were in for it. 1. we either where staying in the hospital or 2. it was pneumonia. Sure enough one of my predictions was right. I also must say holding your child's arms for the chest x-ray is way more difficult than when your child gets their shots for the well child checks. Oh man did Kendyl scream. And the finger poke...lets just say we have a drama queen on our hands. The nurse put a band aid on her finger afterwards and she would look at it and instantly start crying, she wouldn't cry if she wasn't looking at the band aid.
They sent us home with breathing treatments and antibiotics.
It's been fun trying to get her to do her breathing treatments, but I must say we have trained her well or in other words mommy and daddy have a VERY VERY GOOD system for her treatments. She sits there with her mask on and doesn't say a peep, except to sing with Mickey Mouse. See that's the trick....turn Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on.
Kelly stayed home with her on Wednesday and then I stayed home with her on Thursday and Friday. I had to run to a meeting for a couple of hours on Friday so Kendyl went to Grandma Kathy's for a few hours. Kendyl went back to daycare on Monday and was super excited to see her friends again.
Papa and Kendyl doing a breathing treatment!
Quack! Quack!
We were lucky on this round, she was completely zonked out!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment