Tuesday the 11th I stayed home from work because Kendyl woke up with a slight temp and had been coughing throughout the night. I had that mommy feeling that something was really wrong, it just hadn't really popped out just yet. So I scheduled a Dr. appointment for that same day to hopefully kick it in it's butt before it got to the scary stage. So we went to the Dr and of course she was acting like any other NON-SICK toddler and the Dr. said that it was just a viral thing go home and put Vicks on and use a humidifier, Tylenol and ibuprofen. I walked out of there pissed because I wasted my time on information that I was already using and of course Kendyl wasn't acting like she was earlier in the day. A waste of $25 too. GRRR
Wednesday the 12th I woke up around 1:30am to a little girl who was weezing and having difficulty breathing. Needless to say I didn't sleep very well the rest of the night as I was checking in on her every 15 minutes. Thank God for the baby monitor and being able to hear every single little movement that she made. Wednesday morning she woke up with struggles on her breathing and a nasty cough that knocked the wind out of her each time, I decided to head to work but I was going to call the Dr. and see if we can either get a prescription of albuteral or some kind of Nebulizer treatment. So I call and of course it's MY DR'S DAY OFF!!! GRRR So now I'm talking to the triage nurse and she tells me to bring her in. So I call Kelly and have him take her in. He said the minute the Dr. opened the door she immediately said that she was going to admit Kendyl for observation and to get this under control. By that time, Kendyl's breathing was very shallow, like chest sunken in and struggling. Kelly said the Dr. was maybe in there 2 minutes and the nurse brought in a breathing treatment to administer ASAP. I get the call at work and walk over to the hospital. Thank god the school that I work for is right next to the hospital. By the time I got there, they were down at admissions getting all the paperwork done. Once we got to our room, the CRAZINESS began. We changed her into the fun little outfit they had for her and then there was like 5 nurses in there. I was a little overwhelmed but they were all their for a reason. They had to get this IV into my poor girls vein. My little girl was almost lifeless with no energy to care, but the minute those needles touched her boy was she a hot mess, along with mommy and daddy. Daddy had to leave the room, he couldn't take it, but I stayed their because my girl needed to see some kind of comfort. 4 attempts with success on the 4th attempt and an IV in her left foot. By the end of this debacle she was struggling to breath. They gave her a high dose of a nebulizer treatment and my girl was passed out for 3 hours. She woke up and our first night in the hospital was fairly easy besides the fact that she was all jittery from all the meds she was taking. I got very little sleep because the nurses were in every 30 minutes.
Thursday the 13th was a very long day!!! Dr did his rounds in the morning and said he would check back when he was done at clinic. At this point, Kendyl was doing fairly well, still weezy and a nasty cough but she was not struggling to breath like before. So we put a few movies in to hopefully keep her entertained for a few hours. Ha Ha Ha...that lasted maybe 15 minutes. That whole day I struggled and keeping her entertained and peacefully in a hospital bed. Let just say by the time the Dr came back I was begging to go home. Kendyl was doing much better and was almost back to her toddler ways. Needless to say my begging worked because we were released that evening around 6pm. Only to have insurance issues at the pharmacy. I'm not sure who insurance companies think they are but they are on the bottom of my SH!T list. They are evil doers. We walked out of the pharmacy with everything but the most important med due to it needing prior authorization. Blah Blah Blah
Friday the 14th was a good day until like 6pm when the only thing Kendyl was doing was coughing every second. It was not ending, so I took her and went to the pharmacy and bought the damn med that need prior authorization outright. $200 less in our bank account and we were on our way home for a treatment.
Thursday night and Friday night we slept in a chair to keep her upright. She was still squirmy.
Saturday the 14th she woke up with a temp of 101. So we headed back to the Dr because A. it was the weekend B. we are not taking chances here and C. I don't want to go to the ER. Dr said it was viral and gave her a shot of something too help boost her immune system and again sent us on our merrily way.
Sunday the 15th she was not getting any better.
Monday the 16th, she had yet another Dr. appointment. This was a recheck from her visit in the hospital. They finally gave us an antibiotic due to her still having a temp. I won't go into my soapbox on doctors who think everything is a viral thing!!! Give me the damn antibiotic. Funny thing about this is 24 hours after getting the antibiotic she broke her temp, so you can't tell me it wasn't viral.
Tuesday the 17th, she spent her day at Grandma Venner's pretty much napping, crying and coughing.
And not eating or drinking.
Wednesday the 18th, she stayed at Grandma Venner's again napping, crying and coughing and not eating or drinking. That afternoon I made her chiropractor appointment for Thursday.
Thursday the 19th, Kelly took her in to the Dr and he diagnosed her with Thursh! Gaaahhhh it never ends. She got some blue/purple dye stuff in her mouth and was told to stop one of the steroid meds and to start a new med for thrush. Kelly took her to the chiropractor and she did well and hopefully he helped jump start her immune system back to healthy. Started eating and drinking almost immediately once she got home. She also slept thru the night in her own bed. Praise GOD!!!
Friday the 20th, Kelly took her back to the chiropractor for another treatment. She is like 75% a different kid and she slept through the night in her own bed. Praise GOD!
Saturday the 21st, I can honestly say that she is back to herself with a little cough which will hopefully disappear with time.
Please pray we don't go through this again. It's too early in the season for this to start.
If you just read all that, you deserve a cookie! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment