Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

28 weeks

There is no picture for this week.  I'm sorry!  We have been so busy this last few weeks that I can't figure out how time has flew by.  I'm 28 weeks along and have not felt pregnant until this week.  All of a sudden I feel like I have every ache and pain in the world.  Everything is getting harder to do.  Thank goodness Kendyl is in this Miss Independence stage because she either wants to help or do it herself, which is fine by me. :-)

I had my 28 week appointment, which means I had the dreaded Gestational Diabetes Screening done.  I'm not going to lie, I was extremely nervous I'd fail.  I swear I could eat sweets all day with this pregnancy.  Good news though, I PASSED with flying colors, is what the nurse told me.  The bad news at my appointment was that I'm officially at 20lbs gained.   Don't get me wrong it's not that bad, but something about looking at that scale and seeing those numbers makes me want to vomit.  Dr. L said everything looks good and healthy, but as I was walking out he made the comment about watching my weight.  I just gave him the side eye because one minute he is telling me to gain weight then the next minute he is telling me to watch it.  ::::insert side eye::::

Anxiety has crept in and I have a feeling it's going to get worse before it gets better.  These next couple of months will go so fast with birthdays and some family Christmas's yet to be celebrated.  I'm nervous that nothing will get done.  We have done nothing yet on the "new" nursery and we have done nothing on Kendyl's big girl room, except we did get the twin mattress from Corning to upstairs in the hall.  So I guess that is a start, huh!  Just thinking about it makes me hurt all over.  I think right now, my goal is to find Kendyl a bedroom set and get her squared away and to get the nursery cleaned out and painted.  That is all I'm wanting before the baby arrives.



I think that is all I have for updating this week.  Next ultrasound is at 32 weeks.  I'm kind of sad that I don't get an ultrasound at every appointment but it's kind of nice to be a somewhat "normal" pregnant woman.

Oh and one last thing, the name has been finalized.  I ordered something personalized.  :-p


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment