Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Kash's Birth Story

Kash's birth was by no surprise, we had a scheduled repeat c-section for the 19th of March at 7:30am.  We had no complications with this pregnancy and was probably a little uneducated about a v-bac, but went with the repeat c-section.  My Dr. probably pushed it more than anything, which hindsights 20/20, after talking to the new pediatrician for Kash.  She encouraged me to ask more questions.  We will likely think differently with the next pregnancy, that is if I survive life with 2 kids.

We arrived at the hospital at 6:00am on Monday the 19th after a tearful cry on the drive in.  I cried like a baby after I kissed Kendyl goodbye.  Something about her not going to be the only one from now on out made me sad and excited for her.  Like I had mentioned early on from about 34 weeks I had much anxiety for Kendyl than for the baby to actually arrive.  So after getting checked in and getting settled into our room.  We snapped some pictures and the nurse started her procedures to get us prepped for my c-section.  Everything went smooth until they gave me that seltzer crap to settle the acid in my stomach.  I don't remember that stuff with Kendyl's birth, but I had to gag that stuff down.  Still to this day, it makes me shake my head with disgust.

I seriously peed myself when I saw him in these.  I couldn't stop laughing!  They gave him a Large, needless to say we asked for a bigger size.  The nurse probably thought I was Cray Cray due to my laughing
Last belly picture.  Feeling great and really ready!
The student anesthesiologist came in and gave her speech.  They came and walked me back to the OR around 7:35am and gave me the epidural twice.  The first one I could still feel a little, but I think they just needed to give me some time for it to work, but they did a second one without giving it time.  Either way the second one worked and I was feeling all warm and heavy.  Kelly finally arrived and they began the procedure of Operation bring Kash to Mama!!

I felt some pressure and wall-ah baby Kash was crying.  I think I had 30 seconds of, Oh Crap, it's a girl.  Noone really said anything and I  was scared, but then they said It's a Boy and I cried and cried and cried.

Fresh out of the womb.  Funny thing is now...he still has those hands by his face.
Daddy cutting the cord.
Mommy's first sight of her little guy.
Dad and his little guy.
Hearing him cry is the best thing in the world to hear.  He was an ounce larger than Kendyl and an inch longer than Kendyl was when she was born.  I honestly thought he would be 7lbs12oz, a whole lb off.

Kendyl meeting her baby brother for the first time.
Recovery
Recovery has been amazing.  With Kendyl I had major post partum depression or major baby blues whatever you would like to call it.  Yes, I know they are different and I'm pretty sure I had them both.  Kendyl was a complete shock to my system.  Now with Kash, I was up and running about 4 days after he was born.  We ventured out on day 5, with Kendyl I think it was week 4 before I had courage to even venture out.  I do believe Kendyl has been an amazing motivator and has helped with my speedy recovery. 

We are very blessed to have Kash in our family.  God is very GOOD!!! 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment