Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

TUFF aka BUBBEE

The name above is to a cat, my beloved outside cat.  He was not an ordinary cat....he was my baby until Kendyl arrived.  Bubbee was not our first cat, as we received 3 other kitties prior to taking this fellow in, but he soon became my favorite.

This picture was the day that I had received him at work.  I received him from a friend, Kenzie, who is in charge of the Animal Rescue of Carroll.  They had taken him in and did not want to fix or do anything with him.  They thought he belonged on a farm.  So without discussing with Kelly, I said sure we will take him.  Little did I know that I would come to adore this guy and deep down I think Kelly really loved him too. 

 What a chill kitty!?!?!?!

We named him Tuff at first because I had to jump the gun and name him ASAP, you know the impulsive side of me. He had half a tail so I figured whatever happened to it, he survived so he was TUFF or tough. Then as we got to know him he became Bubbee, not sure why or how it came about but that's what just rolled off my tongue. He was our only cat that would fight the dogs and stick to his grounds. We loved him for that as it was quit comical at times.









He was the only cat that I trusted around Kendyl, as he was gentle and would let her pull his hair and stubby tail.











Last night, Kelly came in to the house and said...."UMMM Have you seen Bubbee?"  My response was "NO!  Why?"  Kelly then goes on to say "Well he is laying by the mail box and not moving?"  My response "Well go get him!!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~WARNING NOW...THIS IS KIND OF MORBID~~~~~~~~~~~












This my friends is what he brought me!!!!








Talk about instant tears, my poor kitty was dead.  He was hit by something, I'm assuming a car since we live on a busy blacktop, but how did he get to the mail box, it's off the road a wee bit.

So my next instant response was, OH SH!T...DID I HIT HIM?

I will never know the answer to this, but I must say the minute Kelly turned and started walking away Kelly and I both looked up and there was a shooting star.  I said, "WOW He must of made it too heaven!"  Kelly sad "Must of!!!!"

Needless to say, we would have buried him and I would of painted a rock with his name on it, but you see the ground is frozen and I did not want to keep him in the freezer till Spring because that is just gross, so Kelly took him to the turkey compost pile that is behind our house and buried him there.  His body will just decompose in there, just like it would have done in the ground.

I am at peace with this as the shooting star sealed the deal, but Tuff aka Bubbee you will be 'fur'ever missed!!!

Rest In Peace Tuff aka Bubbee.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment