Pages

Friday, June 26, 2009

NBR: BAD NEWS

I just got a call from my mom and she just told me that she has bone cancer. She has been having problems with her hip and she had gone to her radiologist for her check-up. And they suggested that they do a bone scan. Well lo and behold she has bone cancer now. She has to have a PET scan to see if it has spread to any other organs. If it has not she can take a pill to maintain it, there is no cure for bone cancer. If it has spread then she will have to go back to doing chemo an radiation.



She had breast cancer 4 years ago and had a left side mastectomy.



I think I'm a still in shock with the news. I'm not sure what else to write.



I'll be heading down to St. Louis with MOM come Monday so that she doesn't have to do this all alone. It's very scary to me to think I could loose my mom quicker than ever anticipated, but I'm not going to try to think like that.



Needless to say I'll probably be telling her that I'm pregnant this weekend!



Please pray for my mom that her PET scan goes ok and that nothing has spread.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. I'll keep her in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about this. Your mom will be in my prayers.

    Don't forget to take good care of yourself and your little growing baby during these hard times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your mom are both in my prayers.

    I know how this feels, we found out my mom had cervical cancer last year and luckily they were able to remove it all with a complete hysterectomy and she has been in remission since.

    Im here if you ever want to talk.Take good care of yourself and the babe.

    ReplyDelete